html menu by Css3Menu.com
Mission: Alessandro Volta Elementary School builds upon the talents and cultural capital of all students by providing rigorous instruction that prepares them for college, careers and the global workforce. Within a safe and supportive community, we use language and culture to build internal capacity, tolerance and a global appreciation for the contributions of others. It is our mission to ensure that all students are equipped to succeed in, and contribute to, the world they will inherit.
Vision: Alessandro Volta welcomes the children of the world and prepares them for a life time of success and service.
Motto: "Where the World Learns Together"
On behalf of the staff at Volta, I am happy to welcome you to the 2018-19 School Year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education.
As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time (8:00AM), ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and beyond
The wonderful Volta staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to welcoming you back to school!